Saturday, June 24, 2017

Upping my weights

Arms -

I don't think my weights are heavy enough.  Have been pacing myself steadily at 5 lbs. for a total of 20 reps on each arm for 2 sets.  I'm not exhausted yet. So I need to increase my weights and decrease my reps.

My intention is not to lose weight but to gain muscle and endurance.

Legs -

Still keeping this at 20 reps - only 1 set, because it's much tougher on the legs in criss cross/over and under scissors. I'm usually pretty tired after I hit the 20, almost dying. Ugh. The core and abs work is always so much harder for me than arms.

What else....I've noticed I have not been sleeping very well lately.  It doesn't always happen every night but I've noticed on some nights my brain doesn't want to shut down.  It doesn't matter how early I turn off my phone and the lights and anything entertaining - I still will just lay, and lay, and lay on the bed, until I realize it's roughly 3 a.m.  I noticed my body will finally be in a deep sleep around 4:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. Which is not a good thing!

Probably worrying too much - having too much on my mind....hasn't yoga taught me to only live in the present moment and not worry too much about the future???  Hmm, I need to take heed of that thought!

I've tried all sorts of ways to fall asleep on a more timely schedule, still haven't figured it out yet. Gotta keep thinking what I can do to improve my sleep.

Still enjoying the 30-days of June yoga.  It's just the right amount that I need for this month....will most likely take it up a notch for July.


No comments: